It used to be that there were only 2 parties to a real estate transaction- the buyer and seller. Now that has all changed because if you live in a village/city where a code inspection is required you have another major party involved. In order to close the sale of your home you will have to get an occupancy permit from the village.




Crete - (708)672-5431

- No Village Inspection

-No Required Stamps


Chicago Heights - (708)756-5300

-$50 Village Inspection

-Stamps are $4.00 per $1,000

-Must Provide Deed for Stamps

-Must pay final water bill to purchase stamps


Flossmoor - (708)-798-2300

-No Stamps Required

-No Village Inspection

-Final water meter reading required for closing


Homewood - (708)798-3000

- No Stamps Required

-No village inspection

-Final water bill must be paid for closing


Matteson - (708)283-4900

-$75 Village Inspection

-All village debts must be paid prior to closing


Monee - (708)534-8301

-No stamps